We have been developing a series of tutorial videos to support the Boat Handling training that we deliver. The videos aren't a replacement for hands-on learning but will show you what is possible with a little training.
The videos have not been made by a professional production company so please excuse any technical gaffs but they should go along way to showing the beginner what to expect on a boat handling course.
The boating videos make use of our unique "Sterncam" view.
1. Basic Speed Control and Steering.
2. Narrowboat Leaving a Mooring With Crew.
3. Mooring Up Using Crew off at the Bow.
4. Leaving a Mooring Single Handed, Stern First.
5. Mooring Up Using Crew Off at the Stern.
6. Leaving a Mooring Single Handed Stern First.
7. Steering a Narrowboat into a Canal Arm.
8. Mooring Up Single Handed.
9. Springing On.
11 Springing Off
12. Lock Descent
13. Springing Off, Winding and Springing On.
14. Steaming on a Spring and Ascending Broad Lock.
15. Tying the T Stud Hitch.
16. Tying the Canalman's Hitch, also known as: Boatman's Hitch and Lighterman's Hitch.